mSign Mobile MFA
Salt mSign is a mobile MFA token for authentication of user identities and verification of transactions.
Salt mSign tokens provide contemporary mobile MFA security token for authentication of user identities and verification of transactions independent and decoupled from the delivery channel that initiated the request.
Salt mSign is a contemporary mobile security MFA token for authentication of the user identity during login and authentication/verification of transactions after login. Salt mSign is ‘connected’ in that the authentication responses are returned directly to the Safetronic authentication platform thereby enabling authentication that is independent of the delivery channel that initiated the request.
What can mSign do?
Biometric Password-less Login for strong user authentication during log on to digital channels replacing traditional username/passwords.
Multi-Factor Authenticator for all the organisation’s Mobile Apps Supporting Multiple Methods of Sign-In & Authentication Independent of the service delivery channel.
Single Authenticator for all the organisation’s Mobile Apps Supporting Multiple Methods of Sign-In & Authentication via Inter-App.
Password-less Biometric Login
Password-less Biometric Login to Internet Banking, e-Government Portals and Corporate online Services
High Value Transaction Signing
High Value Transaction Signing with WYSIWYS (What You See Is What You Sign)
Quorum Approvals and Advanced Workflows
Quorum Approvals and Advanced Workflows with separation of duties where the Initiator of Payment Instruction is not authorised to approve; with multiple Authorisers
Improved security and mitigation of common MitM/MitB attacks
A Single Authenticator
Single Authenticator for other Mobile Apps on the same device
Hardware Token Replacement
Hardware Token replacement
How does mSign work?
- User initiates a Transaction (or Password-less Biometric Login)
- Relying Application requests multi-factor authentication for a Transaction Summary
- Safetronic sends an Authentication Request to the User’s Salt mSign security token
- User Biometric (or PIN) is used to sign-in to Salt mSign
- User reviews a summary of the Transaction Summary received
- User Approves/Declines the request
- Salt mSign generates a cryptographic signature of the Approval/Decline and submits the Authentication Signature response directly back to Safetronic
- Safetronic validates the cryptographic signature and returns the authentication response to the Relying Application
Benefits of Salt mSign
- Supported on Android and iOS
- On-device cryptographic signature generation using a protected unique key
- Supports multiple methods of delivering authentication requests: Push Network, Encrypted QR Codes and Inter-App
- Biometric (Face, Fingerprint) and app PIN with central policy Biometric enforcement
- Dynamic Linking, WYSIWYS (What You See Is What You Sign)
- Strong User & Transaction Authentication: Knowledge, Possession, Inherence
- Runtime App Self-Protection (RASP) Anti-cloning and Jailbreak/Root detection
- Advanced electronic signatures uniquely linked to the signer
Salt mSign authentication method is protected by patents in the U.S. and other countries.
- U.S. Patents: 11/665,719
- Publication: US2008/0046988 A1
- Classification 726007000